Tuesday, January 19, 2010

O'Levels and Practicality

    I visited my friend Silas's blog. Good lord, he even has a countdown to O'levels. Its making me extremely nervous. It's uite refreshing reading his blog. His language is uite bombastic and humorous. His blog is uite informative. Most blogs are typical in the way they describe their users' lives and the language they use is almost greek.

   Anyway, i visited VJC's homepage. I wanted to DSA for it but now i'm not sure. They want those talented in Arts and Sports. And i'm neither. Even my CCA's aren't anything to do with them. Groan!!! Plus their subject combination doesn't include Bio and Econs. Sucks man! I wantes to do H3 Bio and H2 econs since i need to know about monetary stuff. Who else is gonna deal with my finances(tax,investments, and bills) when i'm older? I need to be self reliant.

   I notice this peculiar trait, all the good students take up subjects that are mostly useless in their working world while the not-so-good ones(for whatever reason) take up the practical subjects. I mean why would i need to know how an insulated sphere works and why HCl is acidic in aueaous form and non-acidic in gaseous form? But would it not be better for me to take Principles of Accounts? Even if i don't become an accountant i can use it in my personal life?

   But if i opt for those subjects, people will look down on you and for some reason you will not be as respected and you won't get as many chances as those who take the more 'useless' subjects. Not to mention the reaction of the parents. Anyway the only way i can become independant and make my way through the working world is to know all that so i guess i have to educate myself. Groan!!! All that workload. I am just grateful i am not someone who gets stressed out or panics. I never do that!

  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment