Friday, January 01, 2010

Mt Kinabalu

I went to Sabah. It was my first time back. It was a bit more built up than i expected it to be. I went to Mt Kinabalu. Wow, about 1/2 a km up and i was panting away. I would like to make the full climb sometime in the future. It is my own private vow. On the way up i saw an amazing thing. There was a guy carrying a tank of gas and running up the mountain. My jaw dropped all the way to my toes. That guy was friggin strong!! Carrying such a heavy thing and running up and down like it was no big thing. WOW!

His calf muscles were huge. Bigger than the width of both my arms put together. He nearly bumped into my cuz on the way down and he gave this shy smile and mumbled a sorry before racing off again.

   At the Timpohon entrance we saw this board with the list of the fastest climbs ever made. Coming in 2nd and 3rd for the male (i think) amateurs were japanese men. We saw a bunch of japanese hikers and they looking at the board and acting all proud and whatnot. I felt like laughing at their expressions. They were going "ah so" and all that. Later when i saw that guy running i was thinking, that guy could probably beat them all even with a leg ache.

  It's just unfair sometimes, the way some people get credit for stuff when other people have done it better than them. This guy could probably win cross countries with no problem at all! Ah well, all i can do is wish him well. I'll look for him, next time i go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment